db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release candidate 1 cut
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 17:52:30 GMT

> ok, but any build that gets voted on to become a release must have those
> signatures (we vote on the actual bits that get released).

Well, yes, but we only sign releases, not release candidates (which
are not releases per definition). Or to put it differently, signing
the artifacts is part of the release process, not of the released
artifacts for which the vote was put forward.

> from what I've seen, it's more common than not to include a src
> distribution.

Yeah, not to mention that I like downloading src distributions so that
I can attach source files to libraries that I use :-)

> The apply-license.html page says a txt extension is permitted (big
> warning: this page isn't in complete sync yet with
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html):
>
>     http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html#license-file-name
>
> In other words, a txt extension isn't necessary. :-)

Yeah, and I prefer having them - makes life easier for those non-*nix
users, where a missing file extension confuses the 'shell' :-)

cheers,
Tom