db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j & DatabaseTaskBase
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:52:02 GMT
Hi Martin,

yes, that is intentional. The idea is to give users a simple way to
turn on logging/debug, hence the logging for the Ant tasks can be
configured via a property. This means that logging needs to be setup'd
in code (instead of a log4j properties file or something similar), and
since there is no way to do that via commons-logging, I had to
hardcode log4j for the Ant tasks.
I don't see this as a problem though since all Ant tasks are small
wrappers around core functions, so there is no need to use the Ant
tasks themselves from within code.

cheers,
Tom

> Was the log4j compile time dependency in DatabaseTaskbase intentional or accidental ?
All the rest