db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramin Moazeni" <rmoaz...@gmail.com>
Subject adding view support to ddlutils
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 05:32:45 GMT
Hello

I am looking into adding view support to ddlutils. The ddlutils
code is using DatabaseMetaData for capturing information
related to tables/indexes from the source database. The
problem with using DatabaseMetaData for views is that I cannot
capture the select statement that was used to create the original
create view statement. I was wondering if using database system
tables would be the preferred approach?
(some databases like mysql provide commands which retrive the
original create statements. In the case of mysql, the command is
"show create view")

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramin Moazeni