db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: readModelFromDatabase failure Oracle ORA-01424: missing or illegal character following the escape
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:48:12 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> Please use the databasetype at the Ant task
> (http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/ant/org.apache.ddlutils.task.DatabaseToDdlTask.html#parameter-databasetype)

> to explicitly use the Oracle10 platform (DdlUtils currently won't
> detect the database version automatically).

yes, i did know about that setting, thanks for pointing me in the right
direction again
seems a $(property) was not being set correctly in the program
bootstrap, and defaulted back to oracle8

so i fixed that, and now

     [java] reading model...
     [java] Failed to initialize Utility!!!!!
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.JdbcModelReader.readTable(JdbcMo
delReader.java:574)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.oracle.Oracle8ModelReader.readTa
ble(Oracle8ModelReader.java:94)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.oracle.Oracle10ModelReader.readT
able(Oracle10ModelReader.java:80)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.JdbcModelReader.readTables(JdbcM
odelReader.java:517)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.JdbcModelReader.getDatabase(Jdbc
ModelReader.java:474)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.JdbcModelReader.getDatabase(Jdbc
ModelReader.java:434)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.readModelFromDa
tabase(PlatformImplBase.java:1732)
     [java]      at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.readModelFromDa
tabase(PlatformImplBase.java:1717)

Looking at the spy's output,

1167813838338|10|1|statement|SELECT * FROM RECYCLEBIN WHERE
OBJECT_NAME=?|SELECT * FROM RECYCLEBIN WHERE OBJECT_NAME='XDB$STATS'
1167813838338|0|1|statement|SELECT a.INDEX_NAME, a.INDEX_TYPE,
a.UNIQUENESS, b.COLUMN_NAME, b.COLUMN_POSITION FROM USER_INDEXES a,
USER_IND_COLUMNS b WHERE a.TABLE_NAME=? AND a.GENERATED=? AND
a.TABLE_TYPE=? AND a.TABLE_NAME=b.TABLE_NAME AND
a.INDEX_NAME=b.INDEX_NAME AND a.INDEX_NAME NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT
c.CONSTRAINT_NAME FROM USER_CONSTRAINTS c WHERE c.CONSTRAINT_TYPE=? AND
c.TABLE_NAME=a.TABLE_NAME)|SELECT a.INDEX_NAME, a.INDEX_TYPE,
a.UNIQUENESS, b.COLUMN_NAME, b.COLUMN_POSITION FROM USER_INDEXES a,
USER_IND_COLUMNS b WHERE a.TABLE_NAME='XDB$STATS' AND a.GENERATED='N'
AND a.TABLE_TYPE='TABLE' AND a.TABLE_NAME=b.TABLE_NAME AND
a.INDEX_NAME=b.INDEX_NAME AND a.INDEX_NAME NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT
c.CONSTRAINT_NAME FROM USER_CONSTRAINTS c WHERE c.CONSTRAINT_TYPE='P'
AND c.TABLE_NAME=a.TABLE_NAME)