db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: readModelFromDatabase failure Oracle ORA-01424: missing or illegal character following the escape
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 07:00:13 GMT
On 1/2/07, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> I am experiencing a problem running with oracle(10)
> When calling platform.readModelFromDatabase(databaseName);
> I get the error described here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-ddlutils-dev/200512.mbox/%3C200512080904.AFX76995@persistent.co.in%3E
>
> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.ddlutils.DynaSqlException:
> java.sql.SQLExc
> eption: ORA-01424: missing or illegal character following the escape
> character
>      at
> org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.readModelFromDatabase(Platform
> ImplBase.java:1075)
>
> Took the advise in the response to that question, installed P6SPY and
> here is snippet of what the spy is logging, there are lots more of these
> selects from user_triggers. Seems like the select from RECYCLEBIN.
>
> Could someone tell me exactly is going on here with all these select
> statements from user_triggers and RECYCLEBIN, and why is the last select
> failing
>

> 1167783281219|0|1|statement|SELECT * FROM user_triggers WHERE
> trigger_name = ?|SELECT * FROM user_triggers WHERE trigger_name =
> 'trg_WWV_FLOW_FI_CTS$_FILE_TYPE'
> 1167783281229|0|1|statement|SELECT * FROM user_triggers WHERE
> trigger_name = ?|SELECT * FROM user_triggers WHERE trigger_name =
> 'trg_WWV_FLOW_FI_$_FILE_CHARSET'
> 1167783281239|10|1|statement|SELECT * FROM RECYCLEBIN WHERE
> OBJECT_NAME=?|SELECT * FROM RECYCLEBIN WHERE
> OBJECT_NAME='BIN$+TErOhpGR5mp9OdJ/LDNFw==$0'

P6Spy prints out each prepared statement twice - once with the
placeholders (the ?) and once with the actual values. So these are
really only three SELECT statements.
The Recyclebin was an addition in Oracle 10g that basically takes
deleted things (rows, tables, etc.) in pretty much the same way that
the recycle bin on a, say, Windows desktop works.
Since you're seeing it here, this means that you don't use the
Oracle10 platform (which is aware of the recyclebin) but instead the
standard Oracle8 one. Please use the databasetype at the Ant task
(http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/ant/org.apache.ddlutils.task.DatabaseToDdlTask.html#parameter-databasetype)
to explicitly use the Oracle10 platform (DdlUtils currently won't
detect the database version automatically).

Tom