db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: McKoi
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:39:57 GMT
On 12/4/06, Igor Markovic <igor-list@izecom.com> wrote:
> It looks like inserting data into a McKoi database is very slow. Even if I set usebatchmode
to true and set the batch size to 1000. When I use a PostgreSQL database then setting the
batchmode does work/matter. I guess that batchmode just uses transactions to commit records,
but why doesn't this work for McKoi? When I make a simple appliaction that inserts records
(using transactions) into McKoi, this does improve performance.

This is odd. DdlUtils doesn't do anything fancy, it uses plain
PreparedStatements. What's your data look like ? Batchmode only has a
positive effect if the data is ordered by table, so to speak. E.g. if
the first, say, 100 entries are for table A, the next 100 entries for
B etc. If you instead have an entry for A, then one for B, then again
one for A etc. then batchmode has no effect at all.

Tom