db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject XML location?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:47:39 GMT
All:

I have a question about file placement in DdlUtils. I am, as I said,
working on a more-or-less drop-in replacement (there will certainly be
some changes, but I'm trying to minimize them) for the present
hard-coded platform configurations (particularly type-mappings, but also
other things, like drivers/subprotocols and default type sizes). I plan
on making the XML configuration files for each database type available
as Classloader resources (so you can substitute for the default
configuration for any database by simply placing another appropriately
named configuration file earlier in the classpath). The next question is
where to store the default platform configuration files. I'm thinking
src/xml (mostly because it's there), but if someone has a better idea,
please do speak up.

I've managed to get most of the infrastructure in place for reading the
configuration files (an interesting day working with Betwixt, which is
new to me, though Digester is not) and am now proceeding to extract all
the default XML files and make what changes must be made to get it all
to work smoothly together.

David Sills