db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject FW: First message
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:09:39 GMT
I just subscribed to the dev list and this is my first message. Hello!
This looks like an interesting project, and is very timely for me, as it
happens.

I'm about to start in on working toward a solution for the Todo "Add the
ability to configure the datatype mapping (ant task, API)". I have my
own ideas about how this might be accomplished (XML configuration files,
singleton mapping objects, a factory to encapsulate the creation process
in case some odd cases arise later, and so forth - standard fare,
largely), but wondered if anyone had any specific
ideas/requirements/directions about where the thought was to take this
notion.

I would appreciate hearing from someone, if only to know that this
project isn't moribund - though I see several emails in the archive from
August, so I'm not too worried.

Thanks!

Dr. David Sills