db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some ideas for dynamic configuration of Platform implementations
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 04:58:01 GMT
On 10/24/06, David Sills <DSills@datasourceinc.com> wrote:

> Sorry about the silence, have just returned from two weeks of vacation.
> Anything you see that I can help with? I note that there's a database
> schema (XSD) file - does that mean the schema work is complete, at least
> for now? Perhaps I could start in with the idea of capturing native type
> information, which as I understood it might best wait until that was
> more or less in place.

The schema in its current form represents the starting point for
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-117 which is one of the
first issues for 1.1. Currently it contains the types and attributes
that correspond to the current DTD as well as ideas/drafts of
extensions that DdlUtils and Torque need.
If you want to dig into this (which I would appreciate), then you
could start testing the XSD and test it (unit tests highly
appreciated) against database schemas that follow the current DTD.
The next step would be to add some extension points (xsd:any and
related) to allow for aditional elements and data in the schema files.

cheers,
Tom