db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML location?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:33:30 GMT
On 10/5/06, David Sills <DSills@datasourceinc.com> wrote:

> I have a question about file placement in DdlUtils. I am, as I said,
> working on a more-or-less drop-in replacement (there will certainly be
> some changes, but I'm trying to minimize them) for the present
> hard-coded platform configurations (particularly type-mappings, but also
> other things, like drivers/subprotocols and default type sizes). I plan
> on making the XML configuration files for each database type available
> as Classloader resources (so you can substitute for the default
> configuration for any database by simply placing another appropriately
> named configuration file earlier in the classpath). The next question is
> where to store the default platform configuration files. I'm thinking
> src/xml (mostly because it's there), but if someone has a better idea,
> please do speak up.

David,
please run your ideas through the Dev list before implementing them,
just to make sure that they don't conflict with other pending
improvements or DdlUtils-usage scenarios of other projects. Also, I
have some already ideas regarding support of native types and type
mappings that are already quite thought through, so it would
definitely be helpful to discuss this before comitting to any
particular solution.
Another thing, it would be helpful if you could break your changes
into smaller, incremental pieces, as this makes it a lot easier to
incorportate.

cheers,
Tom