db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Roger I Martin PhD <hypernex...@hypernexinc.com>
Subject Re: A unsigned BIGINT is coming out of mysql db as type OTHER
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:52:45 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 8/14/06, Roger I Martin PhD <hypernexdev@hypernexinc.com> wrote:
>> I'm currently going thru the ddlutils source and everything looks
>> clean(and understandable but I got more learning to go) but I haven't
>> discovered where the type gets set to OTHER.  Think it has to be the
>> mysql driver but I fairly certain I'm using the same driver in both
>> cases.
> DdlUtils uses the JDBC type that is returned by the driver (via
> DatabaseMetaData), and only in a few cases modifies this type (e.g.
> for Oracle which only has the NUMBER numeric type, but we want to have
> e.g. BIGINT etc.).
> In the case of MySql, I'd suggest that you try a newer driver to see
> whether you get better results (not unlikely considering the
> changelists of the last few drivers).
> For DdlUtils 1.1 there are also some enhancements to the native type
> mapping planned which will give a more finegrained control over the
> mapping (e.g. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-86).
> Tom
Yes, another version mysql-connector-java-3.0.17-ga-bin.jar worked
farther;  made a ddl schema.xml that the Derby driver
db-derby- can make an equivalent database.  Later mysql
drivers failed with mysql 4.0.11-gamma.  The Derby db-derby-
setup is now struggling with a LONGVARBINARY(i.e. LONGBLOB) population
with a data value of type 'java.lang.String'.  Will post when I find
what to do.

View raw message