db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A unsigned BIGINT is coming out of mysql db as type OTHER
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:22:42 GMT
On 8/14/06, Roger I Martin PhD <hypernexdev@hypernexinc.com> wrote:

> I'm currently going thru the ddlutils source and everything looks
> clean(and understandable but I got more learning to go) but I haven't
> discovered where the type gets set to OTHER.  Think it has to be the
> mysql driver but I fairly certain I'm using the same driver in both cases.

DdlUtils uses the JDBC type that is returned by the driver (via
DatabaseMetaData), and only in a few cases modifies this type (e.g.
for Oracle which only has the NUMBER numeric type, but we want to have
e.g. BIGINT etc.).
In the case of MySql, I'd suggest that you try a newer driver to see
whether you get better results (not unlikely considering the
changelists of the last few drivers).
For DdlUtils 1.1 there are also some enhancements to the native type
mapping planned which will give a more finegrained control over the
mapping (e.g. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-86).

Tom