db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schindl <tomAtLi...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Running Code Analyzer
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:31:55 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 4/21/06, Tom Schindl <tomatlinux@gmx.at> wrote:
>

>>Well that's really interesting if you don't have a <!DOCTYPE>
>>declaration in the source document but set the validation to true the
>>entity resolver doesn't get called and you'll get a parsing exception.
>>All test cases I've looked at don't have a <!DOCTYPE> in them and so the
>>test are failing.
>>
>>I've now checked:
>>java-1.4.2_04
>>java-1.5.2_02
>>java-1.5.2_06
>

> Sure, because how would the XML parser know against which DTD to
> resolve without the DOCTYPE declaration ?
> For the test cases we did not put in the DTD because that would only
> make them slower. For me they are not failing however in Eclipse (not
> even spitting out errors).

Although that's reasonable there's a difference when you are loading a
DTD or not because there are default-values provided by the DTD who are
merged in automatically by the XML-Parser. Another problem is that even
your testcases don't follow your own DTD e.g. TestDataReader.java
defines an attribute defaultValue.