db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfred Springer <wilfred.sprin...@tomtom.com>
Subject HsqlDbBuilder Bug (?)
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:06:54 GMT
Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure if you would call this a bug, but according to the
HSQLDB documentation
http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch09.html#create_index-section ,
creating unique indexes is deprecated. If you *do* create unique
indexes, then you will out that HSQLDB does not support foreign keys to
tables with unique indexes spanning multiple columns. However, if you
use the alter table statement to add a unique constraint, then all works
out fine.

This has been haunting me for a day, so I created a fix for it. (Find
the patch file in the attachment.) It would be great if this could go
into the main trunk.

Thanks,

Wilfred

Wilfred Springer | Software Architect | TomTom |
wilfred.springer@tomtom.com