db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: MySql Platform [Was Re: svn commit: r365722 - /db/ddlutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/ConstraintsTestBase.java]
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:36:56 GMT

Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
>>I have too much machines and on those machines normally a checkout in my IDE and in
a different tree
>>and copying those profiles around is quite tedious.
>>There are no secrets in there, since the machine with all the databases is on an internal
machine,
>>which I am using for testing. Basically it drills down to the default admin username
with password
>>ddlutils. All these databases are purely dedicated to ddlutils :) I can simply copy
the virtual
>>machine if I need such an installation for other purposes.
>

> Its only that I think this is confusing for users, esp. with two
> profiles folders (I put them in src/test because this folder is in the
> classpath anyway, so a -Djdbc.properties.file=/jdbc.properties.derby
> suffices).

The problem I have with these settings, is that they are unusable for me (at least for external

databases) and so probably are also unusable for the rest of the world except you (just an
observation)

> If you happen to have a local repository at hand, you could use that
> (putting the profiles next to DdlUtils) ? Not that I have a problem
> with them (though a different folder names, e.g. profile-samples might
> be helpful ?).

I have a couple of private repositories, but I like to keep things simple in this case :)
I think however that profile-samples will give the wrong impression to users, since my profiles
are
not samples.
I'll add a readme to clarify what the purpose is of the profile directory and add a readme
to the
mvdb directory saying for who the profile is.

Hope that is enough :)

Mvgr,
Martin