db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: MySql Platform [Was Re: svn commit: r365722 - /db/ddlutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/ConstraintsTestBase.java]
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:43:40 GMT

> Btw, I was wondering why you checked in your database profiles ? After
> all they are machine specific (probably won't work for anybody else
> but you) and may contain sensible data (like the IP and account info
> in the MySQL profile that you just checked in).
> The profiles in src/test are just profiles for users/developers who
> want to run the tests, to tweak according to their local setup. Hence
> they contain typical configurations with unsensible data (e.g.
> localhost, user names equal to the database name or 'ddlutils' etc.)
> My local profiles on the other hand look somewhat different, but they
> must not be in SVN (because e.g. I use PostgreSql for other projects
> and the account for DdlUtils need to have CREATE DATABASE rights).

I have too much machines and on those machines normally a checkout in my IDE and in a different
tree
and copying those profiles around is quite tedious.
There are no secrets in there, since the machine with all the databases is on an internal
machine,
which I am using for testing. Basically it drills down to the default admin username with
password
ddlutils. All these databases are purely dedicated to ddlutils :) I can simply copy the virtual

machine if I need such an installation for other purposes.

Mvgr,
Martin