db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySql Platform [Was Re: svn commit: r365722 - /db/ddlutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/ConstraintsTestBase.java]
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:53:41 GMT
> I have too much machines and on those machines normally a checkout in my IDE and in a
different tree
> and copying those profiles around is quite tedious.
> There are no secrets in there, since the machine with all the databases is on an internal
machine,
> which I am using for testing. Basically it drills down to the default admin username
with password
> ddlutils. All these databases are purely dedicated to ddlutils :) I can simply copy the
virtual
> machine if I need such an installation for other purposes.

Its only that I think this is confusing for users, esp. with two
profiles folders (I put them in src/test because this folder is in the
classpath anyway, so a -Djdbc.properties.file=/jdbc.properties.derby
suffices).
If you happen to have a local repository at hand, you could use that
(putting the profiles next to DdlUtils) ? Not that I have a problem
with them (though a different folder names, e.g. profile-samples might
be helpful ?).

Tom