db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject MySql Platform [Was Re: svn commit: r365722 - /db/ddlutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/ConstraintsTestBase.java]
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:49:37 GMT
> If you don't mind : I am adding mysql anyway for now, since it almost needs lots of extensionsof
the
> xml models (lot's of issues with equals on table names).
> I would appreciate it, if you don't touch these classes tonight or tomorrow during the
day, since I
> really need working mysql integration at work tomorrow.
>
> If you have better ideas with this mysql shite, I like to hear it :).
> One solution could be to make all table names lowercase in the tests, but that will probably
> conflict with a database that only supports uppercase tablenames..
> The commits will contain links to the mysql documents that talk about this issue.

The tables are read on my machine (fresh MySql 4.1 install on a
Windows XP machine)
If not for you, then I think your database is misconfigured because
according to the SQL spec it should have no trouble with these
all-uppercase names regardless of whether using delimited identifiers
or not (in fact that's why I defined the table/column names in the XML
like this in the first place).

Btw, I was wondering why you checked in your database profiles ? After
all they are machine specific (probably won't work for anybody else
but you) and may contain sensible data (like the IP and account info
in the MySQL profile that you just checked in).
The profiles in src/test are just profiles for users/developers who
want to run the tests, to tweak according to their local setup. Hence
they contain typical configurations with unsensible data (e.g.
localhost, user names equal to the database name or 'ddlutils' etc.)
My local profiles on the other hand look somewhat different, but they
must not be in SVN (because e.g. I use PostgreSql for other projects
and the account for DdlUtils need to have CREATE DATABASE rights).

regards,
Tom