db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r365722 - /db/ddlutils/trunk/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/ConstraintsTestBase.java
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:05:29 GMT
> If you don't mind : I am adding mysql anyway for now, since it almost needs lots of extensionsof
the
> xml models (lot's of issues with equals on table names).
> I would appreciate it, if you don't touch these classes tonight or tomorrow during the
day, since I
> really need working mysql integration at work tomorrow.

What version of MySql are you using ?

> If you have better ideas with this mysql shite, I like to hear it :).
> One solution could be to make all table names lowercase in the tests, but that will probably
> conflict with a database that only supports uppercase tablenames..
> The commits will contain links to the mysql documents that talk about this issue.

Actually, I think one of the SQL standards *requires* the databases to
convert table names to uppercase in undelimited mode (and to use them
as-is in delimited mode), so I think the problem lies elsewhere.

I can have a quick look at it tomorrow or in the next like 20 minutes
if you want ?

Tom