db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Failing tests testColumnConstraints + location integration / roundtrip tests
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:26:19 GMT

Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 12/22/05, Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net> wrote:
>

>>All (if not almost) all tests are failing on testColumnConstraints.
>>It expects an unquoted default value now (which seem to relate to your changes on
defaultvalues)
>>This is a line from one of the tests :
>>"    \"COL_NOT_NULL_DEFAULT\" FLOAT DEFAULT '-2.0' NOT NULL,\n"+
>

> Yes, you're right. I'll fix that when I add some more tests later
> today (doing a bit of OJB work at the moment).

Ah ok.. You are in Germany right ?

>>I also would like to move the integration type tests to another source directory,
so it is easier to seperate real unit tests from the one that depend on something external
(esp since most of them will always fail by default).
>>I was thinking in the lines of src/iutest or src/dbtest.
>

> My plan was to put all those tests into the package
> org.apache.ddlutils.io, and add guards to check against which live
> database the tests are currently being executed (if any). Thus, no
> confiuration in the build file is necessary, tests not for the current
> database simply won't be executed. And if no live database is
> configured at all, none of these tests will be executed.
> I wanted to put that in once I adapt the tests for Derby to another
> database (probably Hsqldb or Axion) which should be at the weekend.

I think the io test package will actually mix too many concerns if we do that, since most
classes in io can be unit tested (integration tests have nothing to do with io unit tests).
So at least we should consider a new package name, with probably subpackages like derby, axion,
hsqldb, oracle, since I don't think we'll going to end up with 1 testcase per database and
things (in my opinion) will get quite messy otherwise.

About Axion : roundtripping will not work that well (working on axion currently), since I
get some not supported exceptions when importing the model from the database itself.

Mvgr,
Martin