db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Todo/issues. to handle before release..
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:11:34 GMT
Hi Jean,

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Martin van den Bemt wrote:

>>> The main question is: is it ok if enough PMC members vote yes even if
>>> they are not (active) committers of the project (but assuming that
>>> they actually checked the project). A lot of the DB comitters members
>>> have commit rights on DdlUtils, and some of them PMC members.
>>

>> Ah ok.. forgot about that. Where is everyone ? ;)
>> *very loud ping* :)
>

> *pong* could it be the holidays are distracting people? (Ok, they're
> definitely distracting me, I'm sort of behind on email.)

Your reaction time is quite reasonable I must say :)

>>> Perhaps we can interest some other PMC members to take a slightly more
>>> active role in DdlUtils, e.g. actively using it and perhaps running
>>> the tests and checking the docs ?
>

> I'm a committer on derby (and on the db pmc). I'm definitely interested
> it using it and showing how it can be used with derby. If somebody can
> point me to a simple example or to a test I could turn into an example,
> that might be a good way to get me started.

Since the huge attention Derby is getting (last week at JavaPolis a lot of Derby happened),
the goal is absolutely to have very good support for it, luckily Tom (as he mentioned himself)
is right on top of that..

> re the wiki traffic, back when derby was set up I noticed DdlUtils at
> http://wiki.apache.org/db/ and I just checked and it's still there -- or
> maybe that was just added? (sorry if I'm creating even more confusion.)

I tried to create it in the past (but afaik I failed) and dims had a go at it tonight :)

Mvgr,
Martin