db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Todo/issues. to handle before release..
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:34:23 GMT
Martin van den Bemt wrote:
>> The main question is: is it ok if enough PMC members vote yes even if
>> they are not (active) committers of the project (but assuming that
>> they actually checked the project). A lot of the DB comitters members
>> have commit rights on DdlUtils, and some of them PMC members.
>
> Ah ok.. forgot about that. Where is everyone ? ;)
> *very loud ping* :)

*pong* could it be the holidays are distracting people? (Ok, they're
definitely distracting me, I'm sort of behind on email.)

>> Perhaps we can interest some other PMC members to take a slightly more
>> active role in DdlUtils, e.g. actively using it and perhaps running
>> the tests and checking the docs ?

I'm a committer on derby (and on the db pmc). I'm definitely interested
it using it and showing how it can be used with derby. If somebody can
point me to a simple example or to a test I could turn into an example,
that might be a good way to get me started.

re the wiki traffic, back when derby was set up I noticed DdlUtils at
http://wiki.apache.org/db/ and I just checked and it's still there -- or
maybe that was just added? (sorry if I'm creating even more confusion.)

  -jean