db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Todo/issues. to handle before release..
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:11:20 GMT

>>One last issue comes to mind : It's going to be hard to cut a release with just you
having a binding vote and even when my vote would be legally binding (by being on the PMC),
we are still 1 binding vote short...
>>Don't actually know if my vote is binding, just because I am a Jakart PMC member /
Gump PMC member ?
>>I'll hassle Cliff on legal with this :)

The answer is that I have no binding vote (see legal-discuss).

> The main question is: is it ok if enough PMC members vote yes even if
> they are not (active) committers of the project (but assuming that
> they actually checked the project). A lot of the DB comitters members
> have commit rights on DdlUtils, and some of them PMC members.

Ah ok.. forgot about that. Where is everyone ? ;)
*very loud ping* :)

> Perhaps we can interest some other PMC members to take a slightly more
> active role in DdlUtils, e.g. actively using it and perhaps running
> the tests and checking the docs ?

I only know Thomas Mahler and you :)
Since everyone became committer on db, so all projects had easy access, I suspect the plan
behind this that OJB and Torque are actually going to use ddlutils (not following these lists
currently, so correct me if they are already depending on ddlutils..).
Do you know of any current plans to start using ddlutils ?

Mvgr,
Martin