db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Todo/issues. to handle before release..
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:18:47 GMT
Hi (in specific Tom),

I have some questions / observations.

1) Should a maven2 plugin live in the ddlutils source tree ? I think it can btw, preferrably
in a seperate source tree, to make sure we don't add too much dependencies to the main codebase..
:).
2) We still need to setup a wiki space. Probably a request to / from the db pmc will do.
3) The integration tests. There are a couple of db's that can simply run always/as much as
possible (like Derby, Axion and Hsqldb). The databases that need more than just a jar dependency,
we probably should move to another src or just run as we do the current database tests.
4) Will check if there are any javadoc errors and fix them as much as possible.
5) Before a release we probably should try to get the betwixt team to make a release, to make
adoption a bit easier (people like it if everything is in a released state).
6) Add some faq entries (reminder for myself : how to use executeBatch in a transaction and
how to override the current schema, alhtough latter is better suited on a wiki than in official
docs)
7) I will have a look at the test coverage to see where there is a big hole..
8) Other document improvements (disclaimer : I am not really comfortable yet with forrest,
so kick me if I do something bad..)
9) Are there any specific databases you are currently targetting (besides Derby) for the roundtrip
tests ? (hope you can do Oracle, since I don't have 8 or 9 running here)
10) Any other things you are working on, that I can get in the way with ?

Any comments welcome :)

Mvgr,
Martin