db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing tests testColumnConstraints + location integration / roundtrip tests
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:24:36 GMT

> When I look at the TestRoundTripDerby and the RoundTripTestBase, I cannot see anything
specific that you are just targetting the io package, unless you mean the part where you use
the DataReader.
> That testcoverage that is achieved in the io package is merely a side effect of these
integration tests. Probably unit testing DataReader needs some mocks to keep it a unit test
(same as eg platform.* should have some mocks, where eg a connection is needed (like in fetch).

> In my opinion we should treat any class that we feed a realtime database connection as
an integration test and move them to a different package and in my preference source tree.

> Just to be clear TestDatabaseIO and TestDataReader are of course in the right place.

Mhm, methinks the line is a bit blurry here. After all DdlUtils is
specifically meant to work against databases, so you could rightfully
call these tests unit tests. But I agree that we can move them to a
separate place, though I'd prefer still in the test source tree (e.g.
to a separate package). Another source tree makes the build process
more complicated, and there are dependencies from the tests against
the databases to the other tests.

> > Do you plan to add other tests (right now, the roundtrip test do:
> > create, insert data, fetch data, read model from db and check it) ?
>
> Not specifically, but to maintain readability of classes (esp when testcases get big),
I tend to create separate testcases. Subpackaging is not needed right away, we can do that
when there is a need to.

Agreed.

> > One thing that has to be added yet is testing without delimiters.
>
> Axion doesn't like delimiters :)

Yep, I saw that. Strange that their SQL grammar does not cover that,
wouldn't be too difficult (just changing one rule).

> Indeed and just noticed (to my surprise) there is actually some development going on
axion, so who knows some things get fixed..  (i'll see if I can file an issue for the lack
of support on getImportKeys)

Sounds good!

Tom