db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing tests testColumnConstraints + location integration / roundtrip tests
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:34:18 GMT

> Ah ok.. You are in Germany right ?

Yes, in Berlin.

> I think the io test package will actually mix too many concerns if we do that, since
most classes in io can be unit tested (integration tests have nothing to do with io unit tests).
So at least we should consider a new package name, with probably subpackages like derby, axion,
hsqldb, oracle, since I don't think we'll going to end up with 1 testcase per database and
things (in my opinion) will get quite messy otherwise.

Why do you think that is necessary? If you look into class
RoundtripTestBase, you'll see what I intend to test. Most if not all
of these will look like the tests already in TestRoundtripDerby,
though I expect I can refactor the tests later on to make them even
shorter.
Do you plan to add other tests (right now, the roundtrip test do:
create, insert data, fetch data, read model from db and check it) ?
One thing that has to be added yet is testing without delimiters.

> About Axion : roundtripping will not work that well (working on axion currently), since
I get some not supported exceptions when importing the model from the database itself.

Mhmm, not good, but not DdlUtils fault either. When we document that
properly, this should be no problem ?

Tom