db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Todo/issues. to handle before release..
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:25:14 GMT
On 12/22/05, Thomas Fischer <tfischer@apache.org> wrote:

> With regard to use ddlutils in torque, this is a matter I wanted to look
> into but did not find the time yet. (There are a lot if things on my 'I
> should look into this' list, I'm afraid, definitely more than on my
> christmas wish list ;-) ). Torque has a generator which does some of the
> tasks which ddlutils do, and some that will not covered by ddlutils (like
> automatic creation of Torque classes), so the generator will be here to
> stay. But even the sql tasks would need to be looked into carefully, to
> ensure that the results stay compatible, which is a lot of work for all
> the different databases around. I hope I have time to look into this
> further the next couple of weeks, and write a follow-up.

My idea was to approach you Torque guys once there is a stable
DdlUtils release available. If I remember correctly, the database
setup/data insertion part in Torque is sort-of self contained, i.e.
separate velocity templates with no direct connection to the class
generator part. This might make it possible to use DdlUtils for the
tasks that it is intended to be used for (db setup, initial data
insertion) within Torque and relieve Torque from the 'burden' of
maintaining these scripts :-)

Tom