db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Todo/issues. to handle before release..
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:18:21 GMT

> Today there is no JDO2 database metadata, only Java and persistence
> metadata. So there is no compatibility issue, we're talking about a
> greenfield project.
>
> Once we are into the part of the project when we can look at this, there are
> a number of components that need to be implemented. We would probably want
> to build an interface and a memory model to read and write DDU; and then
> other components that will use the memory model to map to persistence and
> vice versa.

Right, I only half-remembered the orm part which contains some
database metadata.
For instance, it should actually be possible to derive a DdlUtils
schema from the OJB mapping definition because it contains enough
info. (I should try that some time ...)
The same (in combination with the JDO-mapped classes in order to get
the field types and thus be able to find reasonable JDBC types) could
be true for JDO2 orm data, though probably only in one direction (but
the more important one: classes -> database).

Tom