db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: VMWare database test image..
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:25:25 GMT

Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 11/11/05, Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
>>Oracle 9.2 seems to be a big nono here. Nothing but trouble installing that beast
(2.3 gig). Anyone
>>else can cover that or have any idea on how to install a minimum (light) version of
the 9.2 version
>>? (tried personal edition 9.2).
>

> Don't worry about this version, I have a 9.2i at work where I can run
> tests against.

Great. I'll leave it alone then :). I got oracle 10 covered anyway (the express version that
is)

>>On another note, I don't think we (ehh I, cannot speak for others in this case) should
do much work
>>to support Axion. It's been a while that they had a release (2003, which was not a
final one) and
>>the move they were preparing to apache never took place / is taking forever. Should
I check with
>>Geir / Jason van Zyl to see what the status is of Axion ?
>

> AFAIK Axion @ Apache is not going anywhere. But since all the embedded
> databases are quite easy to deal with, I don't think they give us much
> work anyway. Things like Sybase (which I couldn't install yet, the
> installer always fails for me) or Oracle are a much bigger problem.

Installation of sybase went flawless over herer, although I didn't actually try to do queries
and
stuff (to admit, i didn't do a query yet on any of the databases..)

Hope to make some progress this weekend on actually using them with ddlutils..

Mvgr,
Martin