db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject docs and other directories..
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:47:06 GMT
Hi Tom,

Just went through the src directory and I have some questions regarding
the usage, etc..

First src/doc
I assume this is forrest stuff, of which I lack major experience. Do I
need a specific version of forrest to build the docs ?
Looking through there I just target stuff at the
doc/src/documentation/content/xdoc directory and just leave the rest
alone for now (untill I get more familiar with it).
The model.jude is a big question mark for me (though it could some UML
specific stuff ?)
I assume the /xdocs directory (the old maven docs) can be deleted or do
you still want to move some docs from there to forrest ?

The src/xml dir contains the database2ojb.xsl, is this still usable?

The src/test-input

Is this already "the" database model for tests or should we consider
making another model (eg using the petstore model, since everyone is
making a petstore application as example for their web frameworks), or
just let "the" model grow/improve when the need is there ?

And another one : do you still have some more package renamings coming
and if you do, which packages (so I can leave these packages alone for
the time being)

Still thinking about how to seperate the integration, in the simplest
way to test eg roundtripping, since eg you want to test hsqldb 1.7.x and
1.8, to see if roundtrip works ok for the latest version and the
mainstream version. If you have any thoughts already about that, let me
know..

Mvgr,
Martin