db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VMWare database test image..
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:30:48 GMT
> Oracle 9.2 seems to be a big nono here. Nothing but trouble installing that beast (2.3
gig). Anyone
> else can cover that or have any idea on how to install a minimum (light) version of the
9.2 version
> ? (tried personal edition 9.2).

Don't worry about this version, I have a 9.2i at work where I can run
tests against.

> On another note, I don't think we (ehh I, cannot speak for others in this case) should
do much work
> to support Axion. It's been a while that they had a release (2003, which was not a final
one) and
> the move they were preparing to apache never took place / is taking forever. Should I
check with
> Geir / Jason van Zyl to see what the status is of Axion ?

AFAIK Axion @ Apache is not going anywhere. But since all the embedded
databases are quite easy to deal with, I don't think they give us much
work anyway. Things like Sybase (which I couldn't install yet, the
installer always fails for me) or Oracle are a much bigger problem.

Tom