db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TestDatabaseIO
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:26:18 GMT

> > Mhmm, I'm not sure I like that because it leaves the impression that
> > there is only one. Perhaps if the method is called
> > getSingleAutoIncrementColumn or somesuch, but I think it should throw
> > an exception if there is more than one.
> I meant, I will not add the singleColumn() which just returns the first column..

Ah, ok :-)

> Speaking of a release, maybe we should add the todo's to jira, so we can set a roadmap
to version 1 ?

I think there is only three things missing/incomplete for the 1.0:

* unit tests testing creation for the individual target database,
running them and fixing any errors that occurred (a status page in the
docs might be nice, along the lines of the one in Torque -
http://db.apache.org/torque/runtime/ - except without the email but
rather with the tested database version and jdbc driver)

* enhancing the jdbc model reader stuff so that round tripping is
properly supported (with corresponding unit tests)

* finishing the doc (description of the model XML file, more info in
the database support page, update of the UML diagram)

Of this, the jdbc model reader stuff is probably the biggest block
(most JIRA issues are related to it).
IMO all other things could easily be postponed to the 1.1.

View raw message