db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TestDatabaseIO
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:25:36 GMT

> > Actually, I think every database that supports sequences automatically
> > supports multiple auto-increment columns (you can always add the
> > unique constraints manually).
> > And what should the shortcut do if there is more than one ? Throw an exception ?
>
> Just return the first :) We'll leave it as is then :)

Mhmm, I'm not sure I like that because it leaves the impression that
there is only one. Perhaps if the method is called
getSingleAutoIncrementColumn or somesuch, but I think it should throw
an exception if there is more than one.

> > Ok! Unfortunately I'm busy 'til the 18th because I have to prepare my
> > tutorial for ApacheCon US, so I cannot be of much help, only a bit
> > here and there.
>
> Cool. For Ddlutils or something different ?

Well, not exactly. I'm doing the "How to Unit Test the User Interface
of Web Applications"
(http://apachecon.com/2005/US/html/sessions.html/e=MjAwNS9VUw#1485)
tutorial and the "Java-XML Binding Approaches at Apache" talk
(http://apachecon.com/2005/US/html/sessions.html/e=MjAwNS9VUw#1587,
though that one is finished already).
In the tutorial I will use DdlUtils to help in the unit tests though,
so a bit of public appearance will be there :-)

Tom