db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming primary keys?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:16:36 GMT
Ok, I must correct myself, some databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL etc)
support this when using the "CONSTRAINT <name> PRIMARY KEY" syntax.
But naming them would only be useful if you plan to alter the pk,
which is currently not supported by DdlUtils (and which I'm not sure
about whether it is supported by the databases).
Giving the user the ability to specify a name would however require a
change in the DTD which is controlled by the Turbine guys. How about I
add a default name (eg. "pk_<tablename>") for databases that support
it ? You could add a JIRA issue for adding support for altering
primary keys which in turn requires a (default) name at the pk.

Tom