db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: retrieving database schema using ant task
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:45:07 GMT
On 10/24/05, Sheeba <sheeba@semanticresearch.com> wrote:

> I am new to ddlutils.I am connecting to sql server which has a database
> testdb and it has two tables customer and orders.I am trying to retrieve
> these information using ddlutils ant task.I am using the code given at the
> website to retrieve database schema using ant task. When I build this,I get
> the file "db-schema.xml' which has only line and says <database/>.
> Could any body help me solving the problem

Besides the fact that you shouldn't use the Microsoft JDBC driver if
you can avoid it (there are better commercial and non-commercial
alternatives, esp. with better JDBC support), you should know that the
database -> model XML part is not fully complete yet. I have to
enhance it a bit in the next days/weeks.
For now, you could try a different driver like jTDS or a commercial
one and see if that works better.

Tom