db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Package names
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:26:13 GMT
Hi Tom,

I had checked out the workspace on 27-Apr and the names were changed
after that. So.

Before we do the interface extraction, I'd like to discuss the
objectives. For example, I think typed returns from collection-valued
methods are easier to use and more robust than untyped returns. In the
Table class, there are e.g. Set getColumns() which I'd prefer
Set<Column> if we think it's ok to support only JDK 5, or Column[ ]
getColumns() or if the objective is to support earlier versions of JDK.

And I'd like to have a chance to really review the package in detail
before the extraction is done. Can you give us another week?

Thanks,

Craig

On Apr 30, 2005, at 1:33 AM, Thomas Dudziak wrote:

>> When you bring ddlutils over to the db.apache.org area, is there an
>> intent to change package names? Or are you planning on keeping the
>> package org.apache.commons.sql?
>>
>> I'm asking because if there is a renaming exercise it would be a good
>> time to split the interfaces from the implementations...
>
> Actually, I already changed the package names to org.apache.ddlutils.
> Only there is no mailing list notification of changes in SVN setup'd
> yet.
> I'll revamp the doc this weekend and introduce a couple of unit tests,
> so the interface extraction could be done at the beginning of next
> week, I think.
>
> regards,
> Tom

Craig Russell