db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Torque and Village
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:12:24 GMT
> To prevent duplicate development efforts, also note that the project
> previously known as "Jakarta Commons SQL" has graduated from the Jakarta
> Commons sandbox into a fully-fledged Apache DB-project "DdlUtils" [1]
> with it's own website and mailinglists [2]
> (last migration steps are still in progress, some "dust" still in the air).
>
> Tom Dudziak has more info about this and can probably tell more about
> if there is some overlapping Village / DdlUtils functionality
> (which I believe).
>
> If that is the case, I would suggest Torque developers to come join
> the new DdlUtils project to help create a well-maintained and active
> developer base (instead of breathing air into the "corpse" of Village).
>
> Disclaimer: I think that this might be a Good Thing (TM) for Torque,
> but it might turn out that DdlUtils have nothing at all in common
> with Village (Tom?) -- in which case you can just ignore this post. :-)

I fully agree and AFAIK the possible synergy effect was one of the
reasons that the vote on the DB PMC regarding the move was
unanimously.
Also that's why the major point on my short-term to-do list is the
stabilization of DdlUtils including Unit tests for the individual
databases (in which it currently is somewhat lacking) and enhance the
doc, in order to release a 1.0 in the near future.
IMO it's probably useful to create a Wiki page for DdlUtils on which
to sketch these todos, so I'll create one.

Btw, John McNally already gave these Torque developers commit rights
to DdlUtils :

seade,henning,tfischer

(as he wrote on the PMC).

Tom