db-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Barkhouse" <brad.barkho...@supportsoft.com>
Subject HttpClient and classpath issues
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:48:23 GMT
Hi all,

> I'm running into some issues running the modem simulator on UNIX  (it runs fine on Windows)
and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered similar behaviour.  I'll try to briefly
sum up what's happening:

> Here's my shell script:
>
> java -verbose -classpath .:classes:lib\mail.jar:lib\activation.jar:lib\xalan.jar:lib\j2ee.jar:lib\sun-xercesImpl.jar:lib\xercesImpl.jar:lib\dom.jar:lib\saaj-api.jar:lib\saaj-impl.jar:lib\commons-httpclient-2.0.jar:lib\commons-logging.jar:lib\commons-logging-api.jar:lib\commons-httpclient-2.0.jar
com.supportsoft.acs.modemsimulator.simulate_n_modem $*

> And now the console output (note that I've turned verbosity on, and included the most
important parts):

> .Finished processing...
> Use -Kill commands to kill the modems
> [Loaded com.supportsoft.acs.modemsimulator.UserInterfaceHttpListener]
> [Loaded java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException from /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.1_07/jre/lib/rt.jar]
>
>          -Kill_range n,m= kills modem starting from n to m
>          -Kill_one n= kills nth modem
>          -Kill_all = kills all the launched modem
>          -Start_one n= restarts nth modem
> Listening for incoming HTTP requests on port 8181
> [Loaded java.lang.ClassFormatError from /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.1_07/jre/lib/rt.jar]
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpClient
> [Loaded java.lang.StackTraceElement from /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.1_07/jre/lib/rt.jar]
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:193)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:272)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
>         at com.supportsoft.acs.modemsimulator.worker.do_the_real_work(worker.java:49)
>         at com.supportsoft.acs.modemsimulator.worker.run(worker.java:479)
>

> Appears to be an issue with commons-httpclient-2.0.jar.  I'm not sure if the presence
of the ClassFormatError indicates that it is corrupt, but that seems unlikely as I have tried
copying the same file from other areas on aluminum.  I've also tried playing with the classpath-ordering
of the jar file, to no avail.  Debugging it from the command-line hasn't turned up anything
useful either.  Help, I'm running out of ideas!