db-commons-dev mailing list archives

From ROSSEL Olivier <olivier.ros...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE][PROPOSAL] db-commons-jdbp
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:12:53 GMT
> > > I am having a look at aspect stuff, which is quite a good
> > > philosophy.
> > > Couldnt't your system be aspect-based?
> > >

> > I know next to nothing about aspects in general or aspectj
> in particular,
> > but yes, it seems likely that many modules that use
> delegation logic to
> > create composable, mix-in behaviors could be alternatively
> implemented
> > using an aspect-based approach.
> >
> > This proposal is to define a group of delagating
> implementations of the
> > JDBC interfaces.  I don't think such an implementation
> would benefit from
> > aspects as I understand it, although many, perhaps even most of the
> > applications that extend these proxies could be
> alternatively implemented
> > using aspects.
>
> Assuming of course, that I can:
>
> 1) compose aspects at runtime
>
> 2) apply an aspect around an arbitrary implementation of some
> interface
> that isn't known at compile time (for the aspect)
>
> Does anyone know if those two assumptions are correct?  Can
> you point me
> to an example?

The project I am looking at is JAC (http://jac.aopsys.com)
and its aspect system is dynamic, meaning that aspects are woven
at runtime.
So 1 can be done with its aspect system.

For 2, I do not understand exactly what you mean.
May be an example would help. JAC uses configuration+reflection
for aspects, so I presume you can configure the reflection of
JAC to manage exotic things :-)

Do not hesitate to talk with the guys at the jac-dev list.