db-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE][PROPOSAL] db-commons-jdbp
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:49:52 GMT
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, ROSSEL Olivier wrote:

> I am having a look at aspect stuff, which is quite a good
> philosophy.
> Couldnt't your system be aspect-based?

I know next to nothing about aspects in general or aspectj in particular,
but yes, it seems likely that many modules that use delegation logic to
create composable, mix-in behaviors could be alternatively implemented
using an aspect-based approach.

This proposal is to define a group of delagating implementations of the
JDBC interfaces.  I don't think such an implementation would benefit from
aspects as I understand it, although many, perhaps even most of the
applications that extend these proxies could be alternatively implemented
using aspects.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>