datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Eyal Allweil <eyal_allw...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Task #b90969e5: Add left outer join macro
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 07:42:59 GMT
Hi Varun,
Thank you for your interest! Do you have any experience with Pig?
For setting up your environment, you should follow this guide:
http://datafu.incubator.apache.org/community/contributing.html
We haven't published instructions for how to contribute Pig macros. I'll try to write a rough
draft of a guide and email it here or put it up on our wiki.
In the meantime, you can look at count_macros.pig for an example of a macro file (though all
you need to do is copy the macro in the Jira to the macros directory), and MacroTests.java
for an example of a test. You can add your test to this file, actually.
For a guide to how to prepare a patch file, you can look here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATAFU/Contributing+to+Apache+DataFu
If you have any questions, post them to the group or on the Jira issue and someone will get
back to you.
Thanks again,Eyal