datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Hayes <matthew.terence.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Datafu graduation from the Incubator
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:20:31 GMT
The jars don't have any files in META-INF, so no a DISCLAIMER isn't present
either.  This should be present in META-INF in addition to LICENSE and
NOTICE I presume.  Anything else that should be included?  Also, does every
JAR need these included?  That is, in addition to including these in
datafu-pig-incubating-1.3.1.jar do we also need to do so
for datafu-pig-incubating-1.3.1-sources.jar
and datafu-pig-incubating-1.3.1-javadoc.jar?  I assume the answer is "yes"
but wanted to confirm.

Regarding bundling, datafu-hourglass does not bundle anything besides
classes built from the source checked into the repo.  datafu-pig bundles
the dependencies listed below.

it.unimi.dsi:fastutil:6.5.7  (Apache 2 license)
org.apache.commons:commons-math:2.2     (Apache 2 license)
com.clearspring.analytics:stream:2.5.0     (Apache 2 license)
com.google.guava:guava:11.0.2     (Apache 2 license)
org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-tools:1.5.3  (Apache 2 license)
org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-uima:1.5.3  (Apache 2 license)
org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-maxent:3.0.3  (Apache 2 license)

The LICENSE and NOTICE files have not been updated to reflect this bundling
because this did not impact the source release.  I presume we'll need
alternative versions for including within the JARs.  Where should
information on these dependencies be included?

-Matt