datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Hayes <matthew.terence.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Datafu graduation from the Incubator
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 06:25:13 GMT
+1 from me as well.  I reviewed the checklist and I think we satisfy almost
all of the items listed there.

I'd also like to share some data about the DataFu releases and community
that I gathered, which might be useful documentation.

Releases:

1.3.0 (2015-11-14)
There were two release candidates, RC0 and RC1.  The release candidates
were made available as source code.  During PPMC voting there was a minor
bug found in a new UDF in RC0.  RC1 passed the podling dev list vote as
well as the general incubator list vote.  Feedback provided during the
general vote was captured in JIRAs for the next release.  Binaries were
released later in the Apache maven repo.

1.3.1 (2016-08-09)
There was one release candidates, RC1.  The release candidate was provided
as source code.  Binaries were also provided for convenience in the Apache
maven repo.  An earlier release candidate, RC0, was not voted on (I
realized I signed with a non-Apache email and created a new RC for
simplicity).  This release addressed all the feedback from 1.3.0.  RC1
passed both the dev list and general list votes.  There was minor feedback,
such as updating the copyright year range in the website, which was
subsequently fixed with the website refresh corresponding to the release.

Community:

The project began with 10 committers.  Since joining incubator, another 4
committers have been added, bringing the total number of committers to 14.
DataFu has also received contributions from 7 other people in addition to
those from committers.

-Matt