datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Hayes <matthew.terence.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache DataFu 1.3.0 release
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 18:23:47 GMT
I'd like to open a discussion about doing our first Apache DataFu release.
I've reviewed the release checklist in the page below and I believe we are
ready to do a release now.  All issues under DATAFU-53 (1.3. release tasks)
have been resolved.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

1. We can create a source release with a gradle command.  See RELEASE.md
for instructions.  It creates checksums and signatures.
2. Automated tests pass (with './gradlew check').
3.1. DISCLAIMER is included as file and in Apache DataFu website.
3.2. LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct
3.3. Source files have correct license headers (checked with 'gradle rat')
3.4. Source file provence is clear
3.5. Dependency licenses are ok
3.6. Release consists of source code only

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 1.3.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DATAFU%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.3.0%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20created%20DESC%2C%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

There were 40 issues fixed, with 14 contributors.  For a summary of what
changed, see:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-datafu/blob/master/changes.md

If there is general agreement on readiness to do a 1.3.0 source release
then I can create a candidate source release and we can hold a vote.

Thoughts?

-Matt