datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Apache DataFu PMC report - November 2015
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 01:59:53 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Matthew Hayes
<matthew.terence.hayes@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written a report on DataFu for November 2015:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2015
>
> Please let me know if you have any feedback.

This looks good to me. I've signed off.

I'm also very pleased to see the release being rolled out
for vote soon (I'm about to take it for a spin myself shortly).

This got me thinking: since DataFu will be hitting its 2nd
year mark as an Incubator project soon now, what will
be left in order for the project to consider graduation?

I've browsed through the JIRA and ML archives and what
DataFu appears to be is a small community but capable
community. In two years you've added 3 folks to your
project:
    Casey Stella
    Jian Wang
    Russell Jurney
which, given the relative size of the project is actually fine.
You also seem to be doing pretty well in terms of collaborative
development.

So... what do you think is left?

Thanks,
Roman.