cxf-users mailing list archives

From Eyal Weingart <Eyal.Weing...@exlibrisgroup.com>
Subject RE: cxf-java2wadl-plugin java2wadl questions
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 14:27:40 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I'm struggling here with downloading it thru the maven build (i was told that in my local
environment i'm connecting only to a local maven repository)
Is it possible to send me the jar for this snapshot version so we can upload it to our local
maven repository and then work with it?

Thanks,
Eyal

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Beryozkin [mailto:sberyozkin@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 October, 2017 12:19
To: Eyal Weingart <Eyal.Weingart@exlibrisgroup.com>; users <users@cxf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: cxf-java2wadl-plugin java2wadl questions

Hi, I think you'll need to enable the snapshot repositories

Sergey
On 22/10/17 09:14, Eyal Weingart wrote:
> Hi Sergey
>
> Should i download something manually for the 3.1.14-SNAPSHOT version (and if so how and
from where)?
> Because i'm trying to do it thru the maven build (defining the version of the artifact
as 3.1.14-SNAPSHOT) and it does not download this version.

> And it comes with the below error (of course) :
> 	Plugin org.apache.cxf:cxf-java2wadl-plugin:3.1.14-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.cxf:cxf-java2wadl-
plugin:jar:3.1.14-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.apache.cxf:cxf-java2wadl-plugin:pom:3.1.14-SNAPSHOT
in

> Thanks,
> Eyal

some dependencies so my build will not fail...

>> Thanks,
>> Eyal

i was misunderstood, it is not that each rest class holds 1 service, i meant that each rest
class holds
>>> 	1 business with few operations.
>>> 	For example, 1 class holds books operations, another class holds teachers operations
and another class will hold course operations - so our expectation is that we should have
>>> 	3 separate WADLs generated - what do you think?
>>>
>> That is fine, it is just that it can't be really solved at the
>> WADLGenerator level - in your case the separation may be clean, in
>> other cases - may be not. And from the practical point of view it
>> will push the already very complex WADLGenerator code to the limit if
>> we started trying updating it to push the info to many files
>>
>> Thanks, Sergey
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eyal

statuses can help users see them, one can document it as well.

>>> For example, I do not see how the information that a given response can return
405 can be practically used. Well, one can type for example a 405 catch block on the client
knowing 405 can be returned, but I'm not sure what difference it makes, where this 405 info
is located in the response statuses or in the docs...

>>> Cheers, Sergey

API

<execution>

</goals>