cxf-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [+SPAM+]: Re: How to setup ActiveMQ in TomEE to not use persistence for JMS ?
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:55:41 GMT
> Hello Romain,
>
> Sorry to haven't found this by myself :-(
>
> In my application, I have an MDB and in the log, I am able to see:
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:02.079 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.openejb.config.InitEjbDeployments.deploy
Auto-deploying ejb MyMDB: EjbDeployment(deployment-id=MyMDB)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:02.083 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureService
Configuring Service(id=Default MDB Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default MDB Container)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:02.083 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.openejb.config.AutoConfig.createContainer
Auto-creating a container for bean MyMDB: Container(type=MESSAGE, id=Default MDB Container)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:02.084 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureService
Configuring Service(id=Default JMS Resource Adapter, type=Resource, provider-id=Default JMS
Resource Adapter)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:02.085 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureService
Configuring Service(id=Default Unmanaged JDBC Database, type=Resource, provider-id=Default
Unmanaged JDBC Database)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:02.085 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createRecipe
Creating Resource(id=Default Unmanaged JDBC Database)

> But before, which I fine, I am able to see:
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:01.209 INFO [main] org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createRecipe
Creating Resource(id=MyJmsResourceAdapter)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:01.267 INFO [main] org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.doCreateResource
Thread pool size for 'MyJmsResourceAdapter' is (30)
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:01.466 INFO [main] org.apache.openejb.resource.activemq.ActiveMQ5Factory.createBroker
Using ActiveMQ startup timeout of 10000ms
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:01.466 INFO [ActiveMQFactory start and checkpoint] org.apache.openejb.resource.activemq.ActiveMQ5Factory$1.run
Starting ActiveMQ BrokerService
> 23-Oct-2017 11:36:01.473 INFO [ActiveMQFactory start and checkpoint] org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.doStartPersistenceAdapter
Using Persistence Adapter: MemoryPersistenceAdapter

> If I have well understood, my MDB uses "Default JMS Resource Adapter" and so, is using
persistence, right ?

Normally persistent=false in the URL shouldnt use any datasource but
since the value is set by default it can still create it, try setting
DataSource=<empty> in the properties maybe

> My question is then: how to configure this MDB to use  MyJmsResourceAdapter instead of
"Default JMS Resource Adapter" ?

Define the MDB container and set the resource adapter id, alternative
is to name your resource adapter with the default name.

> I have looked at http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec-properties.html but it seems
that connectionFactory or connectionFactoryLookup is not defined  :-(
> Because by this way, I will be able to reference the right adapter by adding the following
section to tomee.xml:
> <Resource id="MyJmsConnectionFactory" type="javax.jms.ConnectionFactory">
>         ResourceAdapter = MyJmsResourceAdapter
>  </Resource>
> And in my code:
> @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "connectionFactory", propertyValue = "MyJmsConnectionFactory")
> right ?

the resource adapter supports ConnectionFactoryLookup I think

> Best Regards.

TomEE configuration file is ' C:\Users\.....\target\apache-tomee\conf\tomee.xml'
>> 23-Oct-2017 10:25:02.736 SEVERE [main] org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$Instance.<init>
OpenEJB has encountered a fatal error and cannot be started: Assembler failed to build the
container system.
>>  org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Unable to read OpenEJB
>> configuration file at C:\Users\...\target\apache-tomee\conf\tomee.xml: The reference
to entity "persistent" must end with the ';' delimiter.

>> Any idea ?
>>
>> Best Regards.

using some Spring/ActiveMQ libraries which customizes TomEE distro => requires to copy
some jars in TomEE/lib folder.
>>> Another solution could be to have those jars inside our application
>>> (in WEB-INF/lib): do you know if it will work ? (avoid TomEE
>>> customization except for activemq.xml and tomee.xml)
>>>
>>> Best Regards.

JMS stuff in our application, uses persistent repository, right ?
JMS is to :

to use some Spring libraries like activemq-spring.jar either in TomEE/lib (preferred way,
right ?) or war WEB-INF/lib.

JMS without having to use some Spring  libraries ?

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or
partial, is prohibited.
the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please delete it and notify the sender.
free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.