cxf-users mailing list archives

From nicolasduminil <nicolas.dumi...@simplex-software.fr>
Subject Re: WebSphere 9.0.0.3 - How to know what is the version of Apache CXF ?
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 09:46:41 GMT
Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying to my post.

So, I assume that yes, as a matter of fact, WebSphere 9.0 comes with Apache
CXF 3.0.3.

I'm deploying JAX-RS services and clients using <scope>provided</scope> such
that to use the artifacts already deployed with WebSphere. However, I get
this kind of exceptions:

org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.ext.multipart.Attachment
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:609)
    at
com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:243)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:850)
    at
com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.loadClass(ExtClassLoader.java:134)
    at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:62)
    at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:58)
    at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:587)
    at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:587)
    ... 37 more

In general things work properly and the required classes are found, it's
only that a couple of them, like org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.ext.multipart.*, that
raise exceptions. I don't know how to deal with that as I don't want to use
anything else then what comes with the server and hence don't want to deploy
Apache CXF with my own WAR and to use parent-last classloading strategy.

Additionally, I don't find any trace of CXF in the WebSphere installation. I
did searches in all the directories, all the libraries and archives, etc.
but nothing. So it's a heavy mistery for me how CXF is included in WebSphere
9. Of course, I posted on the dedicate WebSphere forum as well but nobody
feels concerned.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,