cxf-users mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject CXF and semantic versioning
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:53:09 GMT
Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the list. So thank you in advance for all your
hard work and very good product.

However, I have a question about semantic versioning of CXF.

In our project we are using CXF (piecemeal).

However when we upgraded our dependency from 3.0.3 to 3.1.9 we encountered
MAJOR api changes while baselining.

It seems that there are many semantically invalid changes on this apparent
_minor_ release. I wondered if the CXF project knows that some changes are
not semantically correct or was simply an oversight?

Would the CXF project entertain adding baseline checks to the build to
assert semantic versioning?

Sincerely,
- Ray