cxf-users mailing list archives

From "J. Fiala" <mod...@fwd.at>
Subject Re: CXF supports clients in other languages? Then provide samples!
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2016 21:44:10 GMT
Hi Philippe,

CXF REST services actually support clients of any programming language
capable of doing REST API calls.

If you want to generate client code, pls check out Swagger-Codegen
(http://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-codegen), it currently supports
around 40 programming languages (client/server stubs), all the languages
you listed are already there (JavaScript, Python, Ruby, Perl).

It allows you to actually generate the client code in any language
provided by Swagger contract. You can create the Swagger contract
yourself or generate the contract dynamically using CXF SwaggerFeature
(http://cxf.apache.org/docs/swagger2feature.html). If you want to
generate the CXF application itself from an existing Swagger contract,
you can take a look at a talk I did yesterday at DevFest Vienna
(http://www.slideshare.net/johannes_fiala/how-to-generate-a-rest-application).

Pls also try the Javascript generator there (Disclaimer: I added the
basic generator for Javascript last year) and give feedback there. The
Javascript calls are per se asynchronous & it supports AMD like RequireJs.

If you want an overview of the Javascript features, you can watch a
short talk I did at dotjs last year after creating the Javascript
language generator:
http://www.slideshare.net/johannes_fiala/rest-api-code-completion-for-javascript.

Best regards,

Johannes